- The BMC Employee Benefits portal and BMC Employee Information portal have been replaced by Boston Medical Center with a new system called Workday
- This change occurred in the fall of 2015
- The PC and MAC work with this application
Customers can check their email, access clinical applications, login to the BMC employee portal, and access other work related programs by using My BMC. Once the user has accessed their email they can check messages, set away messages, and view contacts and calendars. In order for an employee to access Clinical Application they will need to have requested an RSA token from the BMC helpdesk. Comparing and contracting salary information in relation to a specific job type and view profile data are allowed users via the BMC employee portal. The My BMC email service is powered by the Outlook Web App and requires a username and password. Any questions about the My BMC service can be directed to the BMC helpdesk at 617.414.4500 #3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clinical applications will require a username, network password, and PIN plus TOKEN CODE.
Who is the Boston Medial Center?
- This medical center is based in Boston
- Founded in 1855 (did not become BMC until 1995)
- It is the largest safety-net hospital and Level I trauma center in New England with almost 500 beds
The Boston Medical Center employs around 1400 doctors and 1500 nurses. When the Boston City Hospital (BCH) merged with the Boston University Medical Center Hospital (BUMCH) the Boston Medical Center was created. The 500 beds include 15 Neonatal Intensive Care beds, 6 Pediatric Intensive Care beds, and 39 Obstetrics/Gynecology beds. The Boston Medical Center is based at 1 Boston Medical Center Pl, Boston, MA 02118 and can be reached by phone at (617) 638-6800 (general customer service questions) or (617) 638-6157 (for billing support).